For the past two decades, Suzanne has represented longshore workers advocating for their rights under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Act. She has been recognized by the National Asbestos/Mesothelioma Trial Lawyers Association and the Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group for her representation of workers diagnosed with a disease related to their occupational exposure to asbestos products. In addition to workers’ compensation benefits, she has recovered substantial settlements for her clients and their family members particularly shipyard and paper will workers against the manufacturers and suppliers of asbestos-related materials.
Suzanne regularly appears at Social Security Disability hearings advising her clients from the initial round of social security disability filings through the hearing process.
In the decades of her legal career Suzanne has blended representing injured workers to secure the benefits they are entitled to with their need for long range planning for their personal and family security. She works with the transitions necessary for elders as they move from independent to assisted living. She has drafted hundreds of wills, administrated numerous probate estates and assisted as a financial fiduciary managing the probate and financial needs of her clients. She has been called to serve as Trustee of Trusts created due to long term disability, or tax planning needs of her clients. Since the inception of her career in Connecticut and Boston, Massachusetts Suzanne has experience working both with high net worth individuals and with working families. She has been approved as a FINRA Dispute Resolution Arbitrator for disputes arising against financial advisors and stockbrokers.
She resides in Brunswick, Maine with her husband, children and family dog and cat. When she is not advocating for her clients, she enjoys spending her time volunteering with several local non-profit organizations, exploring Maine’s coastline, and gardening.
- State of Connecticut
- District of Columbia
- State of Massachusetts
- State of Maine
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
Vanderbilt School of Law
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude
Honors and Awards
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Nation’s Top 100 Injured Workers’ Attorneys, Workers’ Injury Law Group
- Maine Board of Bar Overseers – Lawyer’s Fund for Client Protection, Board Member
- National Association of Social Security Claimant Representatives, Member
- National Elder Law Association, Member
- Worker’s Injury Law Group, Member
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, rostered arbitrator
- Maine Bar Association
- College Guild, Board Member
- Restoration Advisory Board for the cleanup of superfund sites – Naval Air Station Brunswick Maine
- Brunswick Area Citizens for a Safe Environment – President
- Lincoln County Bar Association, President
- Damariscotta River Association, President
- Medomak River Land Trust, Advisor
- Skidompha Library, Board Member
- Duke University, Alumni Admissions Voluntee